It is with immense pleasure and enormous pride, that I introduce you to the second knife of my limited series in collaboration with the master of blades Andrea Berti.
We again salvaged some vintage material from an incredibly dusty storage unit in the back of Andrea's factory, and while the color of this slab of lucite was a bit dull and results hard to predict, we were stunned by the color hue that we were able to obtain with the proper polishing. We all agreed that this knife too is destined to become a collectable!
Two handles are available for this very limited run (60 each) of Super Tuscan Vegetable Knives: one traditional riveted and more elegant handle, and a solid one, a tad more masculine and aggressive, designed with a slightly larger hand in mind. Both knives carry the same measure stainless steel blade (over 0.40% carbon).
In total and absolute respect of Berti’s tradition, each knife is built by a single Artisan. There is no assembly line at Andrea’s factory, and once a blade is laser cut to measure, one and only one specialist will be in charge of actually bringing a knife to its completion. At the end of that process, whatever the knife is, the Artisan will mark the blade with his initials! There are only two master knife makers at Andrea’s company!!!
We all would be incredibly honored if you decided to own one of our creations!!!
- These knives are a special order, and they will enter in production when and only if more than 50% of the offered quantity is sold. If the threshold for production is not reached (uh?!) your payment will be fully refunded.
- While we expect, based on the measurements of the piece of lucite we have chosen to work with, to be able to produce 60 riveted and 60 solid handles, it is always possible, due to the nature of the material we are working with, to insure in breakage or splintering during the cutting process. If your order does not get fulfilled because not enough material was available, you will be able to either ask for a refund, or transfer your payment toward our next design (of the same value).
- SHIPPING. Each purchase will be shipped via DHL. We have arranged fixed prices per each continent for shipping and handling regardless of your zip code.
- UK EXCLUSION. As of Summer 2022 new import regulations forbid, knives, blades and sharp objects to be shipped to the UK. We are very sorry about that!
- CUSTOM TAX DUTIES. Purchases from the EU are subject to taxation when imported into U.S. territory. This charge will occur at time of delivery (or immediately prior) and is not included in the sale price. Taxation is obviously proportional to purchase value, you can use online tools to calculate duty fees online. Several resources are available such as SimplyDuty.